We have really been enjoying our libraries special programs for "Catch the Reading Bug" summer reading program. We've made it to most of the programs so far this summer. One the kids really enjoyed was a free outdoor concert by Jim Crosgrove, aka Mr. Stinky Feet. This was our first introduction to Mr. Stinky Feet, and I think everyone really enjoyed the music and performance - it's fun and interactive without being too childish. I think we'll be downloading his CD for $6 and adding it to the car playlist.
The concert was sponsored by LearningQuest. Apparently, 20 lucky libraries in the state of Kansas were selected by LearningQuest to bring Mr. Stinky Feet, to perform a free concert. If they haven't been to your area yet, mark your calendar and go. If he has already been to your area, he will be at the new Plaza Library location in Kansas City on Saturday, August 23rd with other Kansas City area kids bands doing a free concert. My kids have already requested to go, so maybe we'll see some of you there!
3 comments:
My kids are loving this music as I type :)
As a side note, I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats Mama :) When are you due?
congrats, you sneaky lady.
that looks like so much fun! i miss my "summer friend."
Um, I had no idea you were pregnant either! You sneaky little devil!
Post a Comment