Monday, June 23, 2008

Glitch Update

UPDATE Glitch #4: So the saga with my ZUNE is nearly over ... I hope. Here's where GR and I differ. Two weeks ago he would have mailed off the ZUNE and paid whatever it cost to have it fixed ... I ...
  • After calling the credit card company and learning they can only look at our records for the past 60 days, have GR look up the credit card activity for last summer online, determining that he purchased the ZUNE at ToysRUs on 6/25/07! We're in luck it's still under warranty!!
  • Called ZUNE to say, the item is under warranty and purchased on 6/25/07, I have a credit card statement showing the date of purchase, store location with a transaction number. Not good enough. Must show purchase information stating that the charge was for a ZUNE device. They suggest calling the credit card company to obtain a proof of purchase stating the above.
  • Called the local ToysRUs store to see if they could print a receipt for me ... assistant manager could only access last 90 days, store manager was out of the office for the next few days at another store opening and he MIGHT be able to ... call back in a few days to talk with him.
  • Called the credit card company to confirm that there was no way for them to itemize a previous purchase, or confirm proof of purchase of a ZUNE on the ToysRUs transaction. (This amazes me. In the age of technology, where a consumers buying habits are tracked with such detail and accuracy that you get junk mail tailored to your specific interests and buying habits, my own credit card company doesn't know/care what I'm purchasing, just where and how much I'm spending.)
  • Called ToysRUs 1-800 customer service to see if they could access the receipt. Filed a claim and obtained a case number ... was told they would see what they could do (but not to get my hopes up) and get back with me in 72 hours. They called back, obtained more information from me about my case. Another customer service rep called this week to say they found the itemized receipt and would mail me a copy. I should have it by Friday!!
I am so excited - $109.95 saved. I'm now reading, at a snails pace, a borrowed print copy of Harry Potter and the Gobblet of Fire. The CD's were checked out of the library when I stopped in on Saturday, and I didn't want to mess with cassette tapes.


Glitch #5: I neglected to mention that Alexander decided to dunk (read fully submerge multiple times) my cellphone in his milk at lunch a few weeks ago. It took a little over a week to remove all the milk and milk fat residue from the buttons, battery and charger connection. But it now seems to be back in working order.

1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW! You are the receipt sleuth! About glitch #5, that is great that it still works! My phone had an unfortunate accident at the Arizona/California border with a Dr. Pepper a few years back and had to be replaced.