We did our usual of testing recipes and shopping, but what we really ended up doing a lot of was creating ...
This week was spirit week at the elementary school and that promoted a couple of projects ...
Coordinating hair accessories to complete the girls matching outfits for "twin" day on Wednesday:
New jammie pants for Becca (made using $2/yd fabric from Wal-mart which I LOVE! - sadly it didn't scan as well as I had hoped, so I don't suspect I'll keep the new banner long) made by my mom and new ponies for Emily - a set for Jammie Day and a set for Soccer.
An entire day was spent with Sam and Grandma Muttie pouring over pictures of marble chases, building and creating run after run, with Alex collecting marbles in his little marble bag.
And a couple of Mother's Day projects for my sister and sister-in-law. More crocheted dish clothes ... I gave each of them a set of three big dishclothes, bottle of anti-bacterial hand soap from B&BW, a CD of some new kids music I found at the library, and these super cute recipe cards.
I'm going to do something similar for the kids teachers as end of the year thank yous - one dishcloth made in the yarn of the child's choosing, paired with a bottle of anti-bacterial hand soap.
My last project for the week, before starting on some customer Etsy orders I've got to get done in the next few days, I had hoped to perfect/figure out in time for Mother's Day but didn't. Paper covered clothes pins.
I saw them on Etsy a few months ago and fell in love with them - you know my paper obsession. Once I found this tutorial a week or so ago and realized I had all the materials I needed, I finally took the plunge and made them Friday morning. I think these would make a really fun and cute Super Saturday craft, although my friend Renee, asked "What do you use them for?" ... okay so she has a point.
So here are some things I've come up with to answer her question ... glue a strong magnet to the back and use it on the fridge to hold notes/pictures/coupons, etc... glue a thumb tack to the back for a cute bulletin board accessory, or use it to hang the children's artwork on an art clothes line - like I do at my house. Right now this little trio of four, are just decoupaged ... waiting for me to decide what to do with them next.
4 comments:
Wow, for at least two mornings you were able to find time to get the girls photographed and still get them ready for school on time! YOu rock! Love the little ruffled edge on the PJ pants.
My son has that marble set too, he LOVES it!
Wow! When my mom comes to town we just hit thrift stores and talk, and...talk. Look at how productive and fun you guys are!
Always busy you are. Cute new creations!
Hey, my craft queen friend I found a blog that I have been enjoying and today she had a popsicle stick purse on it she had made I immediately thought of you. If you get a minute you should pull it up and look at the picture this amazing purse out of popsicle sticks... www.scribbit.blogspot.com
Love all your pictures of spirit week. What a good mom you are!!
Post a Comment