Back in January the girls brought home TIME for kids forms. Little booklets with postcards they were to fill out with family and friends addresses. Each child was encouraged to fill out 7 cards, so the school could receive their free subscription to TIME for kids - a really cool little 11x17 folded "magazine" talking about current events, authors and other educational stuff. Additionally, those who filled out 7 cards, would get a prize ... a small pig LED flashlight that oinks.
I am typically strongly opposed to this form of marketing and manipulation, but when I read the fine print, I eased up and strategically picked readers of my blog for the girls to send post cards too ... and today, my mother, one of the lucky 14, informed me that her postcard had arrived, so I can only assume that 12 others of you also have gotten one, and that number 13 is in my mailbox too.
So if you are one of the lucky other 12 people who were strategically selected because of your devoted association to this blog ... when you get the postcard in the mail, instead of rolling your eyes and seriously questioning the nature of our relationship ... I can hear you all asking ... "Are you serious? She didn't even send us a Christmas card this year!" (we didn't send anyone a Christmas card - yet.) here's the fine print ...
Ordering a subscription has no baring on whether or not the school qualifies for the free subscription to TIME FOR KIDS. The simple act of the children filling out postcards, qualified them for the free subscriptions (for every 7 postcards the school earns 2 TFK subscriptions). "Those contacted may help if they wish, without obligation, by renewing any of their current magazines or ordering new subscriptions from over 200 of the most popular titles, at up to 75% savings. What makes this program unique is we receive our TIME for kids subscriptions even if no one contacted chooses to buy a magazine."
So as I told my mother, if this doesn't save you money,
One other thing I know my FIL will be concerned about "Names and addresses will only be used for this one-time mailing for our school and will NEVER become part of a mailing list. This is guaranteed by the Great American and TIME, Inc."
7 comments:
Okay, that is a cute key chain. I'm not sure that I made your top 14, but I consider myself warned.
Good to know, because I didn't read the fine print that closely. That's a good marketing idea.
Thanks--I didn't read the fine print at all. A good lesson on doing so!
Sadly, this "fine print" was simply in the 'letter to parents' that came home with the girls back in January. In reading through everything that came in our pack ... it obviously doesn't say anything to that affect. Hence the post with clarifying information. But some of their subscription prices are pretty good.
i was just happy to get mail from becca & emily! ha!
What is so hilarious...We have that key chain! Too much fun!
I have seen the pig LED in real life and it is quite adorable and well worth the trouble..
Post a Comment