Sam said he wanted whipped cream in the bottom of a cup, then fruit, then whipped cream again ... I was able to convince him that vanilla yogurt would be just as yummy and healthier. GR purchased frozen strawberries and raspberries to pair with canned pineapple and fresh bananas we already had at home along with two big tubs of vanilla yogurt. So this morning we set to work making our little parfaits ... I did the yogurt and the cutting, Sam did the counting and the placing.
In talking with him about why he choose this snack, it turns out Friday, Mason, one of his good friends from soccer, brought a similar snack for preschool with whipped cream... that explains so much! I did ask if everyone ate Mason's snack, concerned we'd go to all this work to have half of it go in the trash. And he assured me they did. The teachers were excited to see a refreshing snack, and only two of twelve children "didn't care for any."
With the extra strawberries, pineapple and bananas and yogurt, I made the boys and myself samples for "brunch" to make sure the combination worked ... very yummy!
5 comments:
Yummy & Healthy! Go Mom!
Preston's favorite for preschool was sliced watermelon- but then I took cookie cutters and made shapes out of the watermelon, all the kids LOVED them.
What a fun idea. I need to learn the value of the versatility of yogurt.
I wish more parents put that degree of thought into their snack choices.
Nothing better than fruit and yogurt--very Swiss.
Those look fabulous! What a great snack alternative.
Post a Comment