Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life is Full

We're alive here, but just barely. By the end of last week all the kids had sore throats ... some with coughs, others with fevers, others with laryngitis like symptoms. Alex and Sam have definitely been the hardest hit. Alex came down with what seems like croup Friday night. We're still working through is coughing and wheezing, but he's sleeping better than that first night (that was awful!). Sam whispered much of the weekend and although his voice is almost back to normal, his energy level is still not where it typically is, by 5pm he's wiped out!

Last week I spent many hours in the sewing room making baby blankets and pillowcases. My sewing to-do wish list was way more ambitious than I had time for, but I still got lots accomplished, and have more that will wait to get sewn up after the holidays. Saturday's back to back shows, went okay. The jury is still out on whether or not it was worth the vendor fee and time given the limited amount of product I sold.

Since I was up all night with Alex and he would not allow me to put him down, GR went to the first show at the local high school for me. We passed out a few business cards and sold one bundle but it definitely not what we were hoping for. GR and I traded places for the second show. This time I was in Westport with 7 other Etsy sellers from around the KC metro area. It was great to meet the other sellers and see their amazing products, but we just didn't have the traffic there like we had hoped. It was VERY slow and while we all enjoyed meeting one another and putting names and faces with shop names, there were very few sales for everyone involved. I'll have pictures of the show and the awesome trade I made (bundle for necklace!) on Flickr later tonight.





This weekend we also had lots of family visiting. Elspeth and Merryn came in to attend Sunday's Cheif's game, and we were able to have dinner with them on Friday & Sunday night. Friday night the weather was beautiful, so we all gathered around the fire pit to make s'mores! We had a great time - Alex and Merryn were both having s'mores for the first time. To consolidate the number of blinding flashes going off in low light, we took all the pictures with Elspeth's camera, so I'll share pictures once she has a chance to send them to me.


Saturday and Sunday Grandma Mutti and Grandpa Art were in town to attend the annual Primary Program at church. With Alex not feeling well, my back to back shows, a birthday party and practice for Sunday's program, it was really, really nice to have the extra help.

The kids did an amazing job in their program Sunday - oh my goodness all the kids did such an phenomenal job! Each had a speaking part and each of them wrote their parts themselves and memorized them. We were so proud of how well they sang and recited their parts!

After church Rebecca requested spaghetti and meatballs for dinner - since it was a special night after all - and we called Diane, Bob, Elspeth and Merryn to see if we could bring dinner to them. Making dinner meant the whole family had to get involved while Alex slept and Papa iced his back. Sam and Becca helped me make the meatballs, Emily helped Grammie with the rolls, and everyone helped seed one of pomegranate Great Grandfather sent Daddy from his bushes/trees in Nevada for a yummy fruit salad. We've discovered Sam LOVES pomegranates and can easily eat half a pomegranate in one sitting!





And a very happy birthday to my Sis, who is one year older and wiser today!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry you didn't have more traffic. I know it's a lot of work to get ready for those things because you just never know. I remember feeling blah after some CM things. Nevertheless, you have a great product - just need the right market. Keep up the good work - and thanks again for your fun playgroup today!

Kristy said...

Your products and display look lovely! Sorry there wasn't more traffic. :(

Looks like fun family activities with the visitors, too.

joe said...

these pics remind me of making raspberry jam at grandma's house. your kids look about as thrilled as we did. :)

Kate said...

Uncle Joe, "I am not mad, I actually had fun. I was just concentrating, that's why I look that way." - Rebecca