Thursday, October 04, 2007

Silly Sam's Photo Shoot

A couple of quick shout outs and family updates ...

Heather, the tea towel is beautiful! (I WON the blue and yellow tea towel!! in her happy accident giveaway!!) It arrived early last week and I'm loving it. It is such a great bright spot in my kitchen! So thank you.

To all who called, emailed and commented on my school participation whoas, thank you!, thank you! thank you! I know I have a huge support group out there who are always happy to play with my boys. And I really appreciate that. That morning when I took Emily into school I mentioned to the teacher that I wouldn't be there because I had checked with five friends and none of them were able to watch the boys ... her response, "Oh, okay. Well, thanks for trying." *sigh*

********

To those following the saga of GR's back.... he has an MRI scheduled for Friday, that was the earliest they could do it. A couple of weeks ago he strained his back playing with the kids. Last Thursday at Becca's soccer practice he was doing the monkey bars with Sam and Emily and dropped from the bars to the ground ... all of maybe 6 inches and that was it. He's been in severe pain ever since - no position is better than another, nothing takes the edge off. The ER and his doctor are fairly certain it's a herniated disc, but the only way to confirm it is to have an MRI. So we are potentially looking at surgery in our near future. Until then, he's trying really hard not to feel completely useless. He can't play soccer with the kids, he can't walk them to school, he can't pick them up, he can't do much of anything.

*********

Yesterday, I had the camera out to take pictures for a Mormonchic.com article.
0 I hope to have posted late tonight. Sam wanted me to take pictures of him, and here are the results. A few cute and charming shoots followed my pure silliness. We had a lot of fun. Alex watched and then started to mimic Sam's craziness the best he could. Then he moved on to Murphy ... you'll see in the pictures, first he innocently sits next to the cat, then he sits on the cat ... ride 'em cowboy!, and then falls off when the cat decides he's had enough of a 22 lb. baby sitting on him.







5 comments:

joe said...

gosh, k8, i see so much of you in sam. alex reminds me of our sam.

Heather said...

glad you like the towel!

Too bad about GR's back! After PJ was born I had really painful back issus as well, so I really feel for him. I hope it gets resolved quickly and GR feels better soon!

Kelly said...

Poor GR! My dad has had herniated discs before--they suck! Hope they're able to figure it out & fix it soon! LMK if we can help out in any way!

Matthew said...

Any updates on GR's MRI?

Lori said...

That's rough about GR's back. I hope he feels better soon.
By the way - just checked mormonchic...LOVE the craft tutorials links! Can't wait to try some.