Thursday, September 13, 2007

All in a days work

I have a brand new roof! I am so excited! The crew started at 9am this morning, and worked as hard and fast as they could all day long until the finished it ... The picture of the house was taken at 3pm ... when I had to leave at 5:45, they were still popping nails as fast as they could, but they got it done.



Why the new roof? Remember the wind storms we had a while back in 2006? Well it turns out the damage we sustained to our roof was more substantial than we initially thought. A month or so after the storm, we had a roofer come out and replace the missing shingles on the garage, but we had no idea we had extensive damage near the chimney, above the master bedroom until this spring. Our back neighbors catty-corner to us, mentioned we had 10 or so loose and missing shingles, so we started making phone calls to our insurance company and roofing companies to find out what our options were. In the mean time, we got hit with lots of heavy rain ... yet another reason to paint the master bedroom.

The insurance company called the roof a total loss and gave us money for replacing the roof as well as repainting the master bedroom. Instead of going with the roofer who came and did the inspection for the insurance agency, we opted to go with a smaller, locally owned company, and I am so glad we did. They were amazing. They worked fast, they did high quality work (better than what I would have gotten with a larger company) and their price was 25% less than the other guys. So if any of you locals are looking for a good roofing company, let me know!

I got home too late tonight to take pictures of the finished product, but I'm very pleased with the color shingle we choose - thunderstorm gray. It was such a hard decision to make ... how is this four inch picture going to look aver 2000 sq feet of shingles? But when I left tonight, it was looking so nice with the color of the house! Here's a close up from the next day ... I've been told, it looks so much better in person, what a relief!


3 comments:

Matthew said...

What great work! Did you have much trouble with the insurance company?

Kelly said...

Hurray!!

suz said...

it's nice they were able to get all of that done so quickly.