Thursday, June 14, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I refuse to not post anymore simply because I can't post pictures - and I'm sorry, but I hate posting pictures via blogger - yuck! They are so stinking small - what is the point of that?! Basically, I've tasted the
freedom of posting pictures how I want, the way I want, and to have that disabled ... grrr ...

Sigh ... first it was because the network to the file server with all the pictures was down ... then it was because Dreamweaver conveniently lost all the remote server information for both websites ... we got that restored last night and now poof it's gone again. I think I know what "date" night is going to be this weekend ... honey are you up for reinstalling DW?

eta ... well my website posting problems definitely isn't fixed, but I may ... may ... have figured out a temporary solution at least for the blog.

**************************************
This is the first in a series of summer updates ... so much to share!!
**************************************

Today the kids finished up their last day of swimming lessons (two weeks M-Th).

I am really proud of how well they did. The girls have really blossomed in the water and I can't wait to watch them practice at Grandma's pool in the coming weeks. Everyone is getting more and more comfortable in the water without their life vests. Becca and Emily can both get to the side from the center of the pool on their own. Sam still has a healthy respect for the water and is still a bit cautious without his life vest on, and his mama is just fine with that! At Grandma's pool with a life vest on, I doubt his swimming instructor would recognize him.



Being downtown for lessons everyday has meant we've spent many more hours downtown than we typically do. Which is good, I'm all for supporting the local economy, but I've finally had to set the kids on a bit of a budget.

They love "Bob's Bake Shop" (those who have done playgroup or other school field trips I'm sure know Baker Bob) and are becoming very familiar with their array of treats and breads. On Monday we've each ate one of their huge cinnamon rolls (we're making it a quest to try every bakery's cinnamon rolls this summer ... anyone want to join us on this?), then Wednesday, we each had a cinnamon twist (aka "dog bone") and took home a loaf of half and half which was totally devoured by the time GR came home from work - pour guy, this summer we've purchased at least four loaves of bread and he hasn't gotten any of it.

Wednesday we spent about four hours enjoying downtown. The kids and I saw a skirt in a shop window display along with the words "SALE" ... Everyone thought the skirt was super cute, and they all agreed to be really good in the store so I could see if they had my size... I was pleasantly surprised, not only did the kids do a great job of being "quiet" in this small, cramped, occasionally snooty, "department store", but they also had my size, it fit, looked cute and I also found a top to go with it ... oh, and the final price was a bit of a surprise too - woops, but I'm dealing with that too ...

Then it was off to the quilt shops and then to the toy store with the bubble blowing bear - a reward for being good in all the stores! Gotta love quilt shops with bathrooms and kid play areas!! Ahhh ... to have your children actually say they aren't ready to leave a fabric store yet, is a wonderful thing. To finish off the morning/afternoon, we experienced a first for all of us I think ... hot dogs from a hot dog stand. Yummy!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sorry about the picture issue. I actually didn't know about Baker Bob or the bubble blowing bear...now I'm more informed...thanks!

Michelle said...

we've had a blast seeing so much of you lately! glad you found a cute skirt.