Monday, May 21, 2007

Just in time for summer vacation

Back in March, my MIL showed me a super cute apron featured in Family Fun Magazine she's making using these fantastic hand towels from Target. I instantly fell in love! the colors ... the possibilities ... the usefulness ...

It took a number of weeks of chewing on the idea and an invitation Becca got to a birthday party finally pushed me over the edge and turned an idea into a physical product. I could not be happier with the way these little Arts and Craft Apron's turned out!! I finally got a couple listed in my etsy shop and I'm working on a few other designs I hope to make up in the next week or so. Plus I still owe my own kids aprons to use here (I have one down - Becca's is pictured far left, I think Emily wants pink with a turquoise flower and Sam wants orange!)!



Here's what Becca and I put together for her little friend - a craft kit filled with little odds and ends for her to glue, bend, cut, stick to her hearts content, and her very own, Arts and Craft apron.

7 comments:

Heather said...

kate-
my girlfriend made me an apron with a kitchen towel from target- it was an enrichment activity. I love it and wear it often, it is a little bit different style than these, let me know if you want a picture of it.

Matthew said...

Those look really useful. I wish we had a couple of them around for when the girls take on art projects.

Kate said...

MA has already "ordered" two ... purple w/lion for D and blue w/star for S. Now we just need to draw up the appliqués.

Lori said...

I see you also saved those nice little plastic gerber food containers...they've really helped me sort small craft items like beads and buttons and such...cute idea for a gift by the way.

joe said...

Those look so nice, K8.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Only a "Craft Queen" could create such a beautiful craft apron and come up with such a fun craft gift - you amaze me!

Camie said...

I love those aprons!! Keep sharing your great creations--you're inspiring the rest of us to not let our creative sides die or get lost in the shuffle!!