Friday, April 27, 2007

Silly Hair Day

This week Sam's school has had a really fun week ... in grammar schools I think it would be called "spirit week" or more recently, "Dr. Seuss Week" ... but each day they let the kids do something out of the box, creative and fun. Monday was hat day ... a bit boring... and well we forgot.

Wednesday was Silly Hair day, and Tuesday night just before bedtime, Sam and I did a run through. He kept saying over and over again, "I look like a girl!" (For that exact reason, I made sure not to use any pink or purple rubber bands.)

Emily came into the bathroom when we were about finished, and said "Sam doesn't look very good without hair on his face." I pretty much agree, and told GR that shaving his head for the summer was a definite "NO" after this little project.

At school the next day he got a great reaction from his teachers, classmates and their parents. Everyone thought it definitely qualified as Silly Hair. Here he is Tuesday night (lower pictures) and then Wednesday morning (top) with one of his teachers, Mrs. S. and classmate Alex - note the three ponytails.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow! That's definitely silly hair! Be sure to keep those pics for Sam to treasure when he's a teenager. ;D