Friday, January 26, 2007

Who's going?

So one of the gals I serve with in the Stake RS Presidency is best friends with Sheri Dew's (CEO of Deseret Book) sister Cindy and got me signed up to help out with this years KC Time Out For Women - a huge Women's Conference for LDS Women.

The public seminar woman in me simply can't pass up events like this. When I first attended in StL a few years ago, I walked in to this huge room and couldn't help but start calculating ... women, seats, back of the room sales, I calculated it all ... if Janette only knew that four years later I still can't shake the seminar marketer in me!

Last week they sent me a huge stack of brochures that I'm suppose to distribute ... and since I have to avoid official church channels ... let me know of women you think might like to have a brochure, I have a stack everywhere I go. Also, scholarships are available to those who can't afford the full ticket price.

This year is their 5th Anniversary Celebration and they have big things planned.
  • Dates: March 9-10 at the KC Convention Center
  • Cost: Group discount for groups of five women if you register by February 10th. The difference ... You save $10 per person off the preregistration cost of $52. (box lunch costs an additional $15)
  • Friday (6:30-9pm) - Saturday (9am - 3:30pm)
  • Event Host & Musical Guest - Hilary Weeks
Anyway, I haven't registered yet, so if you'd like to go in with me so we can save together, let me know.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I missed the one here, as that was the weekend we went to Disneyland. Wish I could fly out and go with you!!! Have fun!

Mary Ann said...

Kathleen, this is so cool! I know nothing at all about what you do/did and isn't it amazing how many ways there are to observe a single event? I'd never go into a room to hear a lecture and start thinking of how the whole ecconomic undergirding worked.

I hope you have a great time.

Lori said...

I think it'd be great to go but I'm not sure how I'll be feeling at that point...hmmm...something to think about.

Deb said...

Kathleen,

I am interested in the group thing or could you get me information about the scholarship? You can e-mail me or whatever. I think Michelle would also be interested. Thanks for the info.

Debbi