Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ice Angels

Thursday, November 30, 2006

We ended up on the outer edge of the winter storm that dumped lots and lots of snow east of us. All we managed to get was 2-4 inches of slushy ice and a dusting of snow. School got closed today and I've heard they've already closed school on Friday too. I love snow days and so do they kids!

It is so stinking cold out side!!! They begged and begged to go out and play in the ice/snow ... found their snow pants, dressed in layers, got hats and mittens ... the works and headed out. I could barely stand at the front door to watch them, let alone brave the icy cold air! How do kids do it?

Sam lasted about 20 minutes. I finally had to tell the girls to come in after 40 minutes for fear the cold would do permanent damage to their little bodies. After the peeled their wet clothes off into a heap by the front door, they sat at the dinning room table and had hot chocolate with marshmallows - really it's more like lukewarm hot chocolate cause none of them will drink it if it's hot.


4 comments:

Matthew said...

Looks like lots of fun.

Vatti said...

How long has it been since I have made a snow angel?
Too long!

suz said...

ice angles?

:)

Kate said...

Woops!