Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner for $4.54

Wednesday 15 November 2006



This is what Emily and I ate for lunch today! Families were invited to join their child for Thanksgiving lunch today served by the school cafeteria. Em and I had just enough time to eat lunch with Becca before dashing off to pick up Sam from preschool. It's been a really, really long time since I last ate school cafeteria food and with all the bad press school cafeteria's are getting these days I really wasn't expecting much, but this was actually yummy.

2 comments:

Camie said...

I don't know, Kathleen--something about that cafeteria tray makes it hard to think the food will be really yummy! What a fun idea for families to join in for Thanksgiving lunch day!

Kate said...

I know, but the green beans weren't mushy, the mashed potatoes smooth and creamy, the gravy had just enough salt - not too much, the roll wasn't hard as a rock... not restaurant quality, but still good.