Last week a package arrived for me from my SIL (Thank you Elspeth!), containing a ColorKu game.
While my mother was here helping out after Alex was born, she started teaching the girls how to play Sudoku on her little hand held Nintendo game. We also purchased a couple of Sudoku for kids puzzle books at the local toy store. Ever since, whenever Grandma Mutti is around, the girls want to play Sudoku either on her little game, on the computer, or on paper (in that order of preference).
As you can see from the pictures ColorKu is a version of Sudoku... each color represents a number 1-9, and the game comes with 100 or more puzzles cards.
Despite my children's fascination with the game, until last night I had never played. Rebecca and Emily were extremely patient with me. We started with puzzle #2, on the EASY scale and thanks to my inexperience, we had to start over twice! But once we got off on the right foot, we were able to quickly solve the puzzle. We started the puzzle by working it out together, then I transitioned into letting them either solve rows, columns or squares. It was a lot of fun, and we're all looking forward to playing another game when they get home from school.
3 comments:
i'll have to play that game with them this weekend :)
I may have gotten it for you, but I sure don't understand it. Maybe they can teach me at Christmas. Glad you all are enjoying it!
Elspeth
Looks fun! :)
Post a Comment