My friend Stormy (Stake RS President - the other blonde in the pictures below) is an amazing interior designer and I asked if she would help me pick paint colors for Sam and the baby's room using the curtains and quilts I'll be using in their room as the jumping off point. We picked paint colors Monday, I purchased paint Wednesday, and painted all the solid walls, and she and I spent Thursday and Friday doing all the detail work (FYI the dresser took 12 hours to paint... with minimal breaks to add the red squares upstairs, eat dinner, and test paint Sam's bed... I can't believe how much blue tape we used in two days!). I still need to take pictures of the final room... you'll need to wait for that. But here are spoiler before and after pictures. You can tell what an amazing designer Stormy is by this transformation.
We got Sam a big boy bed and some cute sheets to coordinate with the room - $5 each at Linens & Things! In the next 15 days I need to hang pictures, call a custom furniture maker to make the finishing details for Sam's head board and foot board, deliver Sam's quilt to be quilted (see bears paw quilt), oh yeah... and actually put all the baby's bedding on the crib! :)
7 comments:
i love what you did with the wall.
ooh i can't wait to see the finished product!!
Wow. That is really amazing! What a great job.
How far along, exactly, are you in the pregnancy? I just learned about near-delivery nesting instinct yesterday. :)
Dang. I hope my kids don't see these pictures.
Fabulous!
WOW! Very creative, I bet Sam loves it! Can't wait to see the complete after photo. Kudos to you and your energy bursts!
Way cute! I can't wait to see the "after" pictures either!
Love the squares on the wall!
I believe you when you say you used a ton of tape! When we did stripes on half of Ava's wall - there was a lot of taping involved.
WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment