Thursday, December 08, 2005

The bet

22 November 2005 - 4:00pm.

On our way to St. Louis for Thanksgiving, the gas light went on on the mini-van shortly after picking up GR from work. He suggested we purchase gas in Olathe, I on the other hand wanted to wait until we got into Missouri where the gas would be cheaper.

In Olathe gas was $1.94/gallon ... cheaper than at home ... $1.99/gallon. I knew, if I waited until Missouri, I'd be able to pay $1.90.

And so the bet was on. If I paid $1.90 or less per gallon when I had to stop and fill up, than GR wouldn't purchase any more computer hardware!

How could I possibly afford to loose this bet! And Missouri didn't let me down:

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Wow, that's quite the bet. Is there a time limit to this prohibition, or is GR forever banned?

Kate said...

I really don't think he expected to loose this bet, there for I'm not sure he thought through the full ramifications of his statements. Seeing as I, at times, benefit from his purchases, I'm willing to work out some kind of deal.

BabyoverBroadway said...

GR-- if you want me to buy you some Christmas "presents" that look suspiciously like computer hardware, just add a 10% buyer's fee to the amount and the presents will show up on Christmas morning.