Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yeah or Nay

I'm making this little dress for Emily - I LOVE the teeny red rick-rack I've used around the neckline and the sleeves, and planned to use the jumbo rick-rack along the hem. But now I'm not sure if it's cute or over powering or both. Cute and both, I'm fine with, plain overpowering, I'm not. So once again, I need your advice, jumbo or no jumbo?

Side note, I have plenty of the teeny rick rack and could do a row of it 2" or so from the hem... I could also purchase another package and do 3 rows... Anyway need help/suggestions


3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I say no--because I think the delicate stripes need a delicate trim.

But all the same, I'd like to see it with the big rick-rack tucked under the hem.

joe said...

No. It is way too heavy, like Mary Ann said. Cute dress!

Elspeth said...

I like the idea of the tiny ric rac an inch or two above the hem.
Elspeth