Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Turkey Feather Homework

Last Wednesday Emily came home with "homework" - a blank construction paper feather that she could decorate any way she wanted that would be hung in her classroom until Thanksgiving. While Becca was in school and Sam was taking a nap on Thursday, she painted and painted and painted until she had her feather just the way she wanted. Here she is with her feather and then another picture of her feather with the nearly dressed turkeys from the morning class (left) and her afternoon class (right).

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

it is such a good idea to give pre-shcoolers homework.

Throughout my entire educate I never got used to the idea that I might have to keep doing school work after I left school. Getting that reality established early is a great idea?

Mary Ann said...

NOT a ?--a statement. SOrry

Kate said...

Rebecca has homework 5 days a week. She's suppose to spend 10-20 minutes a day working on letters, writing, reading, numbers, counting, patterns, shapes, etc.