The letter for the week at Preschool is H, and on Wednesday our girl's the snack girl. They like the snacks to be healthy, and if/when possible coordinate with the letter/theme for the week. I'm having a hard time thinking of something suitable for this weeks snack. All I can think of is homemade whole wheat bread (mom's bullet bread made in green bean cans, so it's preschool sized) and little slices of ham and cheese.
Emily thought we should take the white cheese and crackers (the Havarti cheese I introduced to them last weekend - she doesn't know it's name, so it's kinda funny she suggested it since it starts with H... but anyway), but I suggested we think of something else... at $8/lb I'm not thinking 16 preschoolers need to have that as their snack - even if it is H week.
So any other suggestions?
7 comments:
I think some lovely bite-sized chunks of hallibut would do nicely.
Hot dogs! Take baby hot dogs with holandaise dipping sauce.
What about hershey's kises? Handi Snacks? Hero sandwiches? Happy Meals? Hubba-Bubba chewing gum--Oops, gum isn't allowed at school.
How about Hawaiian foods (pineapples, coconut, etc)? Hairy foods (kiwis, peaches)?
Ohhh these are great suggestions! How could I have forgotten about hallibut, hot dogs, and hero sandwiches! And I just noticed a bottle of Honey BBQ sauce on the pantry shelf... my kids love BBQ hot dog bites. That with some fresh pineapple or honeydew... yummie! Now if I can just get Emily catch the excitement of it all!
hummus?
GR just about hurled when I suggested hummus - :) So after working with Emie about what she wanted, she decided on hot dogs, in honey BBQ sauce, and banana chuncks - she didn't think too many kids would like the pineapple chunks, but I may still purchase some, we'll see. I also purhcased a honeydew mellon that I'm hoping is ripe and she'll let me send with her too.
hog jowls. definetely take hog jowls.
from-- still not weak minded
Post a Comment