Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hanging on by a thread

Back in June the other editors of Mormonchic.com emailed to say they were finished with Mormonchic.com, stating time and money as their main reasons for wanting out... They want to pull down the site completely, maintain the domain name, and then some time in the future when families and lives aren't so demanding bring it back up again in some format or another. Their reason for taking the site off line instead of handing it over to others to carry it on for them... they said "I would hate to leave and then Mormonchic expands and becomes even more successful."

In an effort to salvage what little is left of the site readership, recoop my own monetary investment and possibly gain enough captial to keep this little venture a float, I have obtained a tax id number (which I've been wanting for quite some time now) and have proposed the sale of Mormonchic.com products.

The following is the proposed logo - the logo from our website - and I'm wondering what everyone thinks of it.
We're looking to sell a tote bag, t-shirt, blank notebook, oval sticker, and button using this graphic.


Our orgional tote from five years ago, had this graphic..
.


Do we need to have .COM , or our old tag line "the website for chic Mormon chicks!"
on our product logo to have it be effective or beneficial as advertising for website? And would people purchase it if it did?

6 comments:

Matthew said...

I think the tag line would be a very good idea.

I think commercializing would be a very exciting project. Good luck!

joe said...

I've always loved your logo. Check out cafepress.com.

Kate said...

Joe, we're actually going to use cafepress.com. I think Mary Ann was the one who first introduced the idea... I've tried to find other similar companies, but have had no luck.

P.S. May I ask what happend to your old picture? Is this a product of being another year old and wiser? Dare I say, I preferred the old picture...

Anonymous said...

I would make sure that the URL is on all products so that they function as advertising as well.

Cafe press is a good service, but it doesn't generate much profit to anyone but themselves, which is the chief drawback.

Maybe the readership would like to buy some of the products that you've run stories about, like the file folder games, or kits to make the craft projects. That might hit their interests more.

You might be able to gear the craft projects around things that can be sold as kits. Just an idea.

joe said...

back by popular demand. GOSH.

Kate said...

Thank you Brother... but I must say the new haircut Josh gave you - shaved as it may be - looks quite nice. It's been a long time since you've gone that short, it looks way nice!