Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Finally, a real piece of art

GR has been working on starting up his own photography business. An artist friend of ours hooked GR up with a local artist who needed photo sides made of 10 different pastel works of art. GR and I both loved her work - the color is beautiful and she has an incredible way of capturing the subject.

In exchange for his photography services, GR had her do the below picture for me as an anniversary gift, she delivered the final project last week. I took a picture of this barn somewhere in Iowa last year, but for some reason I can't find the original image file to post. All she had to work from was my photograph, and I love her interpretation.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Very nice picture. I hope things go well with the photography business. When was the anniversary?

Anonymous said...

Their anniversary is the 13th of June--I think. . .
Well, happy anniversary you two! Lets see, that makes seven years now. Not bad at all.

Matthew's sister also wants to start doing freelance photography. She seems to be going the portraiture direction. Is GR interested in more work like what he did for this artist?

Kate said...

He's hoping to do both the portrait side as well as the artist side. That way he's able to spread out his client base a little bit. He's done a couple of family protraits and his last one turned out really well!

Anonymous said...

GR has always done a good job of journalistic photography. The pictures of my wedding are a good example.

The benefit of digital picutres is that you can take, literally, thousands of pictures waiting for the right one to surface. GR is one of the few photographers I know who can take one role of film and make every picture count. I've never been able to do that.