Friday, July 29, 2005

Duracell or Energizer?

"Choo Choo!! Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!!" These are the first words out of Sam's mouth every morning... before I put him down for this nap, and when he wakes up from his nap. There was a time when I had quilted table runners and other seasonal do-da's in the center of the dinning room table... when we ate dinner at the dining room table - even if it was just on Sunday's. But now it's been taken over by the Chugga Chugga Choo Choo.

Sam got this "Thomas and Friends Big Loader" for his birthday and it literally goes non-stop all day long. When he's not in the dinning room, I'll turn it off, and that might last 5 minutes before he comes tearing into the dinning room asking to have his choo choo turned back on.


FYI - I did a quick eBay search to see if I could find the compainion "Thomas and Friends Big Big loader." Come to find out Tomy (the toy company) has been producing this same product since the 60s or 70s - as a construction toy.


GR finally found the Thomas the Tank Big Big Loader at Amazon. It arrived today and GR set it up when he got home. It is a really fun little set to watch.


Monday Sam came to me with both the Thomas Choo Choo and a remote control Train he also got for his birthday and in a very pouty face, and sad voice said "Choo Choo!?" The battaries were dead in both and he was quite upset. I had one battary left, so I put it in Thomas, and GR bought 2 packs of 20 battaries each on his way home from work.

2 comments:

suz said...

what about rechargables? i got my pictures back that i took over the 4th weekend, and i have the cutest picture of sam at the park/concert. once my computer is up and running again i'll post it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I vote for rechargeables too. It is a bigger initial investment, but not having to run to the store for new ones is a plus--and you will have that warm happy feeling that only comes from grooming the secret environmentalist you harbor deep within your soul.

*gag*