Thursday, June 30, 2005

A must see - In person

The kids and I spent most of Wednesday in Independence, MO, which I hope to tell you all about in an upcoming post.

After our adventures in historic downtown Independence, I decided we should swing past the LDS visitors center ... drinking fountains, clean bathrooms, nice people, good teaching opportunity with the kids... before heading for home. I'm not exactly sure how I forgot that they are remodeling all the church visitor centers in the area ... hence the huge influx of sister missionaries in our stake... heck the sister missionaries in our own ward!

But I digress, the trip was not a total loss, I, for the very first time, saw in person, The Church of Christ's (RLDS) "The Temple." Honestly, pictures do not do justice to this structure. It is a structure you simply have to see in person. It's huge, odd, beautiful, amazing, and so much more. So we gazed/stared from across the street and then headed home.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always refered to it as a corkscrew. It would just work so well to pick it up, turn it upside down and screw it into the ground.

-GR

suz said...

what is it with temples looking like giant thumbtacks?

Anonymous said...

My friends and I refer to it as the Jesus Christ Slip 'n' Slide.
Elspeth