A couple quick little tid bits about Sam this week:
1. He's started saying three word sentences... They are so cute! It's still way hard to understand him, dang he's cute!! Yesterday he went outside and two of the neighborhood boys were playing baseball. He picked up a bat, and beaming at me said, "Mama, play baseball!" And to here him say 'Raspberry Juice" is endearing. We are still trying to get the camcorder fixed. I think we're simply going to have to mail it to Cannon, because I must have video of this kid talking!
2. Poop! It's one of his favorite words. He's starting to recognize the sensation of needing to go and having gone to the bathroom. Amazingly we have actually had a number of successful poop sessions on the potty. Since pee happens a little faster we have not be successful there, but poop, we've had three good successes in that department.
I should explain, that Sam's doing this all on his own... well I'm putting him on the toilet, but when he shouts "Poop!," I ask if he wants to sit on the potty, and if he says yes (and he usually does) than I put him on. He sits for a few minutes (more often than not, he doesn't do anything), and then we put a diaper back on. If something does happen than we shout 'hurray!' and he gets to flush the toilet - if you don't poop or pee in the potty, than you don't get to flush, cause that's the fun part!
I really don't expect him to actually be potty trained for another year or so, but ya never know, he may decide to do it sooner. It's just been fun to watch him go through this discovery process.
3. Cut! His other favorite word. Sam loves scissors, and actually does a remarkable job using them. Consequently, he LOVES to cut. My house is covered in little pieces of paper... it's like confetti. For the most part he's stuck to paper (computer paper, junk mail, catelogs, etc.), but today he started in on books. Most parents worry about their children drawing with crayon in books, or maybe tearing a page or two, not me... I worry about finding all the little pieces of the paperbacks cover he's cut so I can tape it all back together. My own little jigsaw puzzle. The girls and I are trying to help Sam remember that the scissors don't leave the table... sigh, that may take a while.
2 comments:
Sounds like fun, even without the green eggs.
Stella and Sam are fairly close to each other in linguistic development. She has also just barely started the three word phrase thing.
i liked hearing sam say 'pickle' - more like 'ickiicki'
Post a Comment