Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Best Buddy Bags

A month ago Rebecca begged and begged to make these "Best Buddy Bags" she'd seen on Playhouse Disney's Project Playtime. On a slow Tuesday morning, I pulled out all the materials to make them. These have been the best project we've done all summer!

Whenever we leave the house they insist on filling the best buddy bags with snacks and taking it with them. This has necessitated the purchase of snacks that travel easily. Snacks we've taken -- peanut butter sandwich crackers, teddy grams, fruit snacks, string cheese, bananas, apples, juice boxes, PBJs, etc.

So these little snack bags have gone to the hospital, zoo, swimming pool, park, playgroup, store, museums, etc. Unfortunately they are starting to show the intense love the kids have for them. Honestly they remind me of the lunch sacks Daddy uses for a month at a time.

We're going to have to find a different animal to make for the July 'Best Buddy Bags' since I doubt these will last much longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad they don't have a category in the "Guinness Book of World Records" for longest continual use of the same paper lunch sack. Maybe I should ask that the category be created?
--Dad

Anonymous said...

those are cute. What a great idea. I can already see the July bags in red-white-and-blue.