Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A short leash

Mom and I thought we should take the kids out of the house, they'd been inside Sunday and Monday and were getting a bit stir crazy. And dispite the fact that it was freezing cold and raining we loaded everyone into the car and headed to the local mall to play in their little play area, which they LOVE!

The kids played for a good hour before we headed to the food court for lunch. Opting for pizza and spagetti over the other standard fast food offerings, I stood in line while Mom waited at a table in the middle of the food court with the kids. A few minutes later, I hear this bellow, "Mama!" ... "Mama!" ... "Mama!" in a very familiar voice. I turn around, and Sam beams and waves wildly.

This is one of his favorite things to do. He loves to scream my name over and over again. I'm begining to think he finds it fun, like playing a sport is fun.

One Sunday morning a few weeks ago, after a good 50 yells of my name, I decided to yell back. This is a tacktic I learned from my mother. If one of us would say her name over and over and over again, (and she reached her annoyance level) she would turn and start chanting our name at equal or increasing levels. It was quite effective.

Anyway, Sam was a little taken aback that I would actually meet him at his game, and GR finally had to leave the room he was laughing so hard.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Was this in StL, or was your mother out in Kansas?

So far, Stella has not been into the name yelling/chanting thing too badly. Something I am very happy about.

Kate said...

This was in StL at the local mall (the food court and kids play area are totally new), MA would be shocked to see how it's changed. There are only a few stores that still remain from our teenage, mall going days.