Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Buzz Cuts

Last week GR cut the boys hair. They have been begging for buzz cuts for a very, very long time. I'm not a huge fan, but relented when GR said it was High School before his mother finally gave up on the hair cut issue and I remember that my father got this cut every summer. It is, after all only hair.

When Bob saw Alex a few days after his hair cut, he didn't recognize him - he does look so different, more than one person has done a double take. And I'm getting use to Sam without hair on his forehead. They both look so cute.

For days after getting his buzz cut, Alex would ask you if you liked his hair, or he run past you running his hands through his hair and pausing to look at his reflection in every mirror. It was pretty sweet to watch how pleased he was.

From the time Alley was a little baby people who know my dad have said the two look a lot a like. You tell me, Daddy is pictured on the far left and they are almost the same age, both nearly six.


I think it's possible they have the same hair line ... 

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh yes, same hair line as your Dad for sure!

I agree, I am not a big fan of the buzz cut either, but my 10yo is. That's how he asks for it every time. Anytime it starts to get long he begs for a cut. As much as I dislike it I am a strong believer in letting him do his own thing. It is his hair and if he feels good looking that way then who am I to stand in his way?