Today, Anna and I joined Alex and his preschool friends on an excellent tour of the local candle shop. The kids learned how candles are made, and lots of great information about the different kinds of materials they use to make candles. And most important of all ... there was a hands-on experience. The kids got to dip a votive candle in colored wax. Quick, simple and fun! They loved it. Alex choose to dip his votive in the purple (lilac) wax and Anna choose pink.
P.S. The Candle Shop owner's name is Bob too, and he's just as good as Baker Bob. I think it's in the name.




1 comment:
You clearly said these were votives, but for some reason, my brain decided to visualize them as tealights in the little metal holders. Dipping that in colored wax would not have had a pretty result.
I like reality much better than my mental image =)
Post a Comment