The price of beef lately has made it really easy to eat less red meat and more fish and chicken. But it's also meant I've had to expand/revamp my go-to dinner selection. I recently discovered this recipe and it was an instant hit. Everyone in the family loves it!
BUTTERY-CRUSTED BAKED TILAPIA
4 6-oz boneless tilapia fillets
6-8 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
6-8 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
Arrange fish on a lined baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed Ritz crackers with seasoned salt, chili powder, and adobo seasoning (use clean hands to mix). Cut butter into 6 equal pats. Place one pat a piece directly on the center of the tilapia. Cut remaining 2 pats into pea-sized pieces and mix by hand into cracker mixture. Sprinkle crumbs equally over each tilapia filet.
Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 15-20 minutes, or desired doneness. Serve hot on a nice platter.
Here are my cooking notes::
Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 15-20 minutes, or desired doneness. Serve hot on a nice platter.
Here are my cooking notes::
- I use 4oz fillets that are individually packaged and they work really well for this.
- I suggest patting the fillet's dry before setting them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- I use 2 tablespoons of butter for 7 fillets, you can totally get away with less butter than it calls for.
- I made my own adobo seasoning mix which has worked out really well. I store it in the spice cupboard and it's made the subsequent times I've made this recipe go much faster.
- Since my fillets are 2 oz. or more smaller, baking them for 10-12 minutes is plenty.

1 comment:
Yum!!! so...how did you cook the asparagus? It looks really moist.
Post a Comment