Friday, March 18, 2011

Survivor Sistas


For the last six-ish years (eek! I can't actually remember when I started) I have been watching Survivor with my friend Julie.  She actually started long before that with a totally different group of amazing women. 

We are the Reality Sisters (aka Survivor Sisters) by name.  We are night owls, some by choice, some by circumstances.  We start gathering after 9 and never, ever think of leaving 'till well after midnight.  It has very little to do with the show we watch ... Survivor, Lost, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Top Chef ... they have all hit the screen - though none as much as Survivor.  This merry band of sistas have been a grounding force for all of us.  We have a pack of confidentiality ... nothing leaves the walls of that house and we are free to laugh and celebrate and vent and yell about everything ... and we do.  Reality Sisters now dot the US, from coast to coast.  Each of them has left an empty seat in our circle.  They are missed and mentioned often in our late night discussions.  This week one of our own, came back for a week long visit and it was so great to have her back, to visit and catch up, and pretend for a few days that she still lives across town.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh I *wish* I was a part of that group!!

We usually have a monthly dinner group that ends at someones house and no one leaves until after midnight too!