Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It doesn't show signs of stopping

We woke up Monday morning to the school district calling our house to inform us that school was canceled due to snow.  GR quickly ran upstairs to dismantle all the alarms before they woke kids up.  

I LOVE snow days.  I love having the kids home and letting they do whatever, and we did exactly that.  They watched TV and had cookies for breakfast, had a good long play out in the snow, then came in to warm up with hot chocolate and homemade pizza, played hours of video games, and just enjoyed a day where homework and school work weren't done.  Then we repeated the entire thing again today ... almost.  Here are pictures from Monday:: 




I'm kind of glad I caught them doing this (see above photo) ... this is behind the shed, beyond the garden plot.  They are making slush in hopes of creating a small ice skating rink.  When asked where they got the water, the responded, "From the pump."  Oh dear.  Sweet, sweet children.  Hopefully, we don't actually end up with a ice skating rink in the backyard.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

That is so charming. Do you have any troubles with your pipes freezing outside?

Ali P. said...

I love to see children totally engaged in the same project, working together and focused on the end result! LOVE IT!