Monday, December 13, 2010

Preschool Music Program

This continues to be my favorite event of the season, and we have missed it so for the last two years.



Alex choose to wear his suit and his gray sweater vest, he has a thing for sweater vests, loves them!  We laid out a couple of shirt/tie options and this is what he choose.  Once we got everything on, he looked at me and earnestly asked, "Do I look sharp, mom?"   Absolutely!  By the time he went through three hours of church, lunch in the car, and walking in to the preschool, he was done with the jacket, which made him look a little more like all the other kids up on the stage.  


He did a fantastic job.  This little kids LOVES to sing.  He and Anna both love music.  Alex learns lyrics really quickly.  Anna's been going to a music class once a week with Grandma.  I took both kids when she was out of town back in October and he's still singing some of the songs he learned in that one class.  





I had hoped to get video, but discovered minutes before the program that my video camera "magically" went from full battery to no battery overnight.  And I couldn't remember how to get my new camera to take video, so I have a couple of cute pictures of the program and that's it.

I did manage to get a couple of pictures of all five kids ... I was hoping for a Christmas card photo, but I'm going to try again when the lighting is better and when there aren't rows and rows of people behind me making for a very captive audience to perform for.  Although this picture does capture each of them, perfectly giving the viewer a hint of their personalities. 




Poor GR missed the entire program because of tithing settlement. I didn't consult all of my calendars when he ran tithing settlement dates passed me and once I realized the conflict, it was too late.  He's trying a new option this year to be more efficient with his time. He's only offering tithing settlement on a couple of days during the month; two Saturdays and a Sunday with huge blocks of time on each day.  If that doesn't work into peoples schedules they can schedule something independently. We're hoping this will allow him to help me pull of Christmas and celebrate the holiday with us rather than spending hours and hours and hours spread over four weeks at the church.  

Thankfully none of his appointments canceled or didn't show during Alex's performance.  Though if they had, I don't think he would have told me.  He teases that the only time you can really see his wife get frustrated is during tithing settlement.  I am amazed that people aren't more considerate of his time ... no shows/last minute reschedules, not signing up at all, or choosing a time that is convenient for them but leaves large gaps in his schedule.  It isn't intentional, they just don't think or realize what it means for the bishop and his family.  

I'm working this week at the campus bookstore buying text books back.  It's my second buy back and I'm excited.  The money is decent (as long as I don't compare it to what GR makes) and I get to work with fun people.  Mom's here to help with the kids.  We've got major home work projects due this week, holiday parties on Friday and holiday gifts for the teachers.  Busy week!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am continually telling our Bishops wife how amazed I am at all that she does WITHOUT her husband.

The same goes for you Kate-I imagine the blessings of having your husband serve in this capacity help, but I bet there are days when its difficult...

I applaud you and GR for working together to set boundaries to ensure your family comes first. You are both such an example!