
Emily was so excited to participate this year. She and Rebecca both totally rocked their exams - surprising even their teachers with their high marks!At events like these, I am always impressed by the children who understand how to play as a team, and share the ball with everyone who is participating. It is so hard to trust others, and hand the ball off to someone else who may not score a point for the team. I wish they encouraged the students to make sure each person on the team has an opportunity to handle the ball during their 5 minutes on the court. I always feel bad for those who never get a chance to dribble or even shoot the basketball. They are all so every excited to participate, it must be disappointing to not get a chance to contribute. They are not selected because of their athletic skills, they are selected because of their academic performance ... hummm I haven't decided if it's worth talking with any of the teachers about this.
They are very careful to make sure everyone ends up happy in the end. Once again the students beat the teachers 88 to 71. It was a much needed break from the intensity of the school week!
No comments:
Post a Comment