Thursday, January 07, 2010

GR & Kate plus Eight

Tonight we - actually I guess it was really only me, GR didn't get home until the night was well underway, hummm anyway - got a taste of what it would be like to feed 8 children 10 and under. The oldest three are the same ages, roughly speaking. At most they are about 6 months apart. So here's our family if we'd had three sets of twins:

I managed to satisfy all but one child's taste buds with chicken enchiladas. I was pretty impressed by that turn out.

Last weekend while GR and I were packing and moving boxes, their family invited the three big kids to stay for pizza at their house - so very unexpected and very generous. School was canceled for tomorrow making it the perfect chance to return the favor. Plus the girls were itching to make a new special dessert and this was a great chance to share it with everyone:


It's inspired by dessert parfaits they saw in an American Girl Magazine from the library. But it's basically a variation of Death by Chocolate - one of GR's signature desserts. Brownie bites, crushed Girl Scout Thin Mints, chocolate pudding, topped with a bit of whipped cream and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips. Yum!!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

That looks so tasty, and just the right size! Is the recipe-able, or is it an ad hoc thing?