We're down one player this season, and everyone is practicing on the same night of the week which is a huge blessing. It really is amazing how much stress that knocks out of your life ... Emily catches a ride to practice with a neighbor who's on her team, GR takes Sam ... no complaints from the Mama who holds down the homework and bath fort.
Both kids are on teams they haven't played with before ... a mistake I hope we can reverse, for Sam at least, for the Spring season.
I personally, am still looking for a good team for Emily to play with where she isn't a foot taller than everyone else, and where the girls are more matched with her skill level. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand she is not going pro anytime soon. But most - if not all - of the kids on her current team are 2nd graders who haven't played much soccer and that's a bit frustrating for my girl. She has potential, but I really wish we could help her skill level progress, and I feel it's stagnated a bit. She's still struggling with the same technique challenges she had at this time last year, and I'd love to help her move past them. That being said she had two goals in today's game and a fantastic assist. It's looking good for another hat trick this season!
1 comment:
I love soccer season! Having multiple children playing does make it complicated. With just two playing this year (and Derek coaching Wesley's team), it was tricky...having four boys, I know it will only get worse!
Post a Comment