Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Reminiscing

While I saved all of the girls clothing from birth on up - yes the basement is insanely overrun with plastic tubs - I have also willingly handed them out to many babies over the last 6 years to wear and enjoy and return if possible. After Alex was born I tried to put everything back in "order" ... by sizes, by season, matching up outfits, etc. Anything I didn't totally and completely love, got passed on. About the same time my sister-in-law sent a box of girls clothing back to me. It went unopened in the garage where it stayed until Saturday. Convinced the entire lot would need to be pitched because who knows what had gotten in it, I sent GR out to open the box and asses the damages. Amazingly the entire contents of the box was in perfect condition, and I re-discovered some of my favorite outfits from the girls early years.

Sunday night we packed a picnic dinner (chicken crescent squares, apple slices, carrot sticks, peanut butter crackers) and went to an outdoor concert, part of our stakes Sounds of the Sabbath monthly firesides. We had a really good time catching up with good friends we don't see very often, and letting the kids play outside on big grassy hills, while we listened to beautiful music.

Anna was wearing a little outfit Emily wore that we discovered in the box. I purchased the same outfit in the next size so Emily and Rebecca could match. I got them on sale from Landsend's and when we were in St. Louis for Emily's first birthday, I went to Walmart and had the girls pictures taken. The plan had been to make it a yearly tradition, having the kids pictures taken on her birthday, but the following year, when I took three week old Sam and the girls to the photo session, we lasted all of 10 minutes before I realized it wasn't going to happen, we left, and I didn't reschedule.

Here are Rebecca and Emily, August 8, 2002:


And Anna, May 30, 2009. Anna is 10-1/2 months old and thankfully the 18 month size outfit will fit her just fine on her first birthday. No worries there.


Monday we met up with friends at the park and I got a few more pictures of Anna:




Now if I could just get the boys to stop pulling the crazy faces, we'd be in business!




2 comments:

Elspeth said...

And I can't tell you how much M&A have loved wearing their cousin's clothes. If I tell them something used to be Rebecca's or Emily's, they practically beg me to wear it.

Mary Ann said...

that's how hand-me-downs are supposed to be.