Monday, June 08, 2009

Felt Sandwich Bread Tutorial


It's ready!! I'm hoping that although only one of you requested the PBJ sandwich tutorial/directions, a few of you were secretly hoping I'd post them even without saying so.

You'll see they are super simple to make, but I wrote out the directions after the fact, so please let me know if you have questions. I'd suggest getting the supplies to make 8-10 slices of bread (yielding 4-5 sandwiches) so the kids can really do something with them once you give them all the fixin's.

I have in my mind picking up some green and pink and white and red and yellow/orange, etc., to make leaf lettuce, ham and turkey, tomato slices, American or cheddar cheese and expand our Sandwich making opportunities. But we'll see ... just watch the felt sales and stock up so you've got everything you need. It's a great little project for keeping your hands busy while you watch a movie and the end product is perfect for entertaining the kids on a rainy afternoon or a blazing hot afternoon, two things our summer has had a lot of so far!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks, Kathleen! I love the idea of the meat and cheese sandwiches too!