Last week, Rebecca was given the assignment to give a talk today during Sharing Time in Primary. Her topic ... Family Members Have Important Responsibilities. I encouraged her to think about the responsibilities of each member of our family, to remember the new song they learned for this year in January, The Family is of God, and to read a couple of paragraphs from the March Friend magazine. And then I asked her to type what she could of her talk, promsing to help her edit it into a talk once she was done.
She did such an awesome job! Here's what she wrote, I've put what I helped her add in italics, other than a few gramatical word choice changes made, it's all hers!:
Family members have important responsibilities.
In a house of order, everyone has a responsibility.
I will refer to “Family is of God,” in my own words.
Mother: She helps to care for her family. And she provides food for her family. And she nurtures and strengthens her children or child. One way my mom nurtures me is by helping me do laundry and teaching me to put my clothes away.
Father: He leads in family prayer. And he teaches his children or child to share and to care. My Dad teaches me to share by helping us set time limits on our favorite computer games so everyone gets a turn.
Children: We love and serve our family. And are good examples to each family member. I love and serve my family when I help my younger brother and sister, and when I help with family chores like loading the dishwasher and picking up my toys.
When I am a Mom, knowing what the song ‘The Family is of God,’ teaches will help me in my own family. I am thankful God gave us families.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
* * * *
Are you as blown away as I am!? She did an awesome job delivering her talk too. Since Daddy wasn't able to make it in to hear her, I suggested she use it to teach Family Home Evening. Tonight we have two soccer practices, so we had FHE last night. We had a great little discussion about each of our responsiblities and how when everyone does their part, our family is happier, the house is cleaner, and everyone has more fun.
5 comments:
AWESOME talk!! Way to make your parents look good!! ;)
That's a great talk!
Good church songs are either prayers or mini-sermons. What a great way to build a talk. Hadn't heard the song before. I've been out of Primary too long.
Awesome!
she's such a smarty :)
Post a Comment