Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy Hair Day

Today the girls have a spirit day activity at school that Rebecca informed me of on Saturday. I told her that if we needed supplies we had to purchase them Saturday night ... they couldn't be purchased Sunday or Monday morning. I also explained to both girls they would need to be 100% ready to walk out the door -- breakfast eaten, teeth brushed, shoes on, backpacks packed, jackets found, etc. -- at 7:00am, giving me 15 minutes to work on each girls hair. To make hair their length crazy with only rubber bands -- sorry I nixed the desire to use hair "spray paint" and decided that doing an egg white/Elmers glue concoctions to get spikes, was impractical given the amount of time we'd have in the morning to pull it off -- I was going to need every bit of those 15 minutes to do anything with their hair.

The results ...





Emily let me do what I wanted, and I love the results. It's fun and quirky, without being too distracting. I use to do this to the girls hair when they were younger on a smaller scale - one twist bun on each side of their head. Emily now has too much hair to do it with, and I'm not sure Rebecca's is long enough.

Rebecca handed me four bows and rubber bands and I was given creative licensing from there. Isn't it fantastic! Her's definitely has the crazy hair day look going for her! I divided the hair in to quarters, braided each section, looped it, and secured it with the hair bow clip.

I just hope both styles survive a day on the playground!

ETA: It turns out that today WAS NOT crazy hair day! The girls weren't the only ones who thought that today was the day stuco had designated as crazy hair day. The girls just took down their hair and stuffed all the rubber bands and bows in their backpacks.

[Remember Sam's Silly Hair Day at preschool? We offered lots of suggestions, but he was very content to sit this one out!]

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

My kids will love this. I can't wait to show them!

joe said...

too bad sam just got that haircut.