Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Blockbuster Weekend

The kids were out of school Thursday and Friday for parent teacher conferences and we stuck a deal with the children that if they got their homework done, rooms cleaned and all their laundry put away we'd do something fun Thursday night. Did you know that evening AMC movie tickets during the week are $5 instead of the $10 weekend price? I'm definitely tucking that little tid bit way for the future!

Thursday afternoon, I scheduled all the kids for flu shots. The doctors office is on the way to GR's work and the movie theater isn't far either. So we did flu shots (and all the kids qualified for the flu mist, so no shots!), met GR at the hospital and ate dinner in the cafeteria -- 6 meals for $18, gotta love home cooking that doesn't break the bank!, and headed to the theaters for the 6:30 showing of Madagascar Escape 2 Africa. The kids loved it and since it was a Thrusday night, the theater wasn't cowded, allowing Alex to have more freedom that he otherwise would to walk around a bit during the movie.

Saturday night GR and I got together with some friends and saw Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond movie. So intense, but good. We really enjoyed it and little Anna slept through the entire movie!

Sunday was Stake Conference, so we had more time than we typically do Sunday afternoon to watch a movie. This summer we had wanted to take the kids to see the new American Girl movie, Kit Kittredge, an American Girl, but with all the travel, and Anna's birth, etc. we never made it. We found it on pay-per-view and watched it Sunday evening. The kids enjoyed it and GR was quite surprised that he really liked it too! I'm hoping to find a couple of the other American Girl movies at the library. The girls really enjoy the books and if the others are like this one, I think the entire family would enjoy watching them.

4 comments:

Vatti said...

A busy weekend...thanks for being here Friday evening!

Topper said...

The American Girl movies are all good! They spark good historical conversations. Have you seen the Anne of Greene Gables movies? They might like those as well.

Anne Marie said...

Catching up on your news. Congratulations, GR, on the new calling! He'll do a great job, and you are an amazing woman to support him. Good luck with everything.

Jennifer said...

The American Girl Movies are very good.

Did you know Julia Roberts has a big part in those movies. I want to say producing but I am not totally sure :)