Monday, November 10, 2008

How was your Sunday?



In case you're wondering, the three signatures were each done in a different color of ink or type of pen.

Heaven help us all ... the answering machine message and GR's cell phone voice mail message are getting changed today ... if you've ever called his cell phone and gotten his voice mail and listened to the entire message, you'll understand why it MUST be changed very, very, very soon!

18 comments:

Lori said...

I had a hunch it was going to be GR - especially when I saw your post about GR getting two new suits!

Kate said...

Funny how the Lord works ... the suits were purchased back in September. Neither of us had a clue this was coming until last week ... GR knew it was coming about 36 hours before the call was issued, the spirit gave me about 3 minutes warning.

Jennifer Lee said...

Are you saying that I think you are saying? I'm not sure whether to say "congrats" or "I'm sorry" or "bless you, my child."

Topper said...

He'll be great! And a super family has his back. God Bless.

Topher said...

Holy cow! Congratulations, Bishop!

Camie said...

Kathleen--
I have a feeling your Sundays are all going to be very different from now on! Congratulations to both of you--I think it is a real blessing and opportunity for GR to be a Bishop and he will have so many amazing experiences. And your family will be blessed for his and your service. I wish I had been there to witness the great day in person!!

Kim said...

Holy Cow, GR a Bishop? He will do fantastic.

Amy said...

Wow! Need any extra help with MC? I know with such a wonderful wife and family he can do nothing but succeed!

Matthew said...

He'll make a great bishop! All the best!

Heather said...

How wonderful for the people of your ward! I'm sure GR will be a excellent bishop.

I hope you will be able to carve out time alone regularly with GR, I'm sure his new schedule will take some getting used too!

Michelle said...

ah yes, we heard of this last night from Kevin!! Aaaah! GR will be great! He's a natural leader!

Lori said...

Wow. I guess it is funny how things all work out for a reason. :)

Livia said...

Wow, so you do have people reading this blog!:)
We are very happy to have bishop GR as our new bishop.

Kris Farrar said...

Wow, sorry about that. I'll think of you when I'm sitting with my kids in sacrament meeting by myself too :( You'll be getting more blessings though, GR has the hard seat in the center.

Heather G. said...

Hey Kathleen! It's been too long! I heard the good/crazy news about GR!!!! How are you handling it? ;) I'd love to hear from you and catch up whenever you have the time. here's my email: heatherhub@yahoo.com

Kristy said...

That is really exciting news -- for your whole family and the ward, too.

Katrina said...

If you ever need to talk/vent/share joys or woes.....
Blessings will come! (I keep saying.) :)

Jenny said...

Congratulations! Now I want to know what the phone message said. GR will be a wonderful bishop. He's great at helping people and serving others so he's already prepared for the calling! Many prayers to you in your new unofficial calling as bishop's wife. I think the hardest part of being the wife of the bishop would be not being able to talk to your husband about a large portion of his life. He'll do great!