Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birthday Wishes



Today is also GR's birthday. After Anna's EKG, we stopped at the mall to look at suits. GR's one Sunday suit is in really sad shape ... the lining of the jacket needs to be sewn back in place, one of his back pants pockets needs someone to work their magic on it, and the hole he had the tailor repair a number of months ago while still holding up, won't last forever. JosABanks was having one of their many amazing sales and we found two good work horse suits and one "dressy" suit for him to put in his closet.

We had a nice little celebration at home. While I picked the children from various friends homes, GR picked up dinner at Jack Stacks - his favorite BBQ place. His mom wasn't feeling well so we called another family to join us in the festivities, and help us make a dent in all the scrumptous BBQ GR got. Yesterday, I made pudding filled cupcakes for his birthday "cake" allowing me to make both chocolate and vanilla (Anna reacts very negatively to any chocolate in my system and I wanted birthday cake too.). I sent all the extras with GR to work this morning so I didn't have tons of cake starring at me for days and days.

ETA: 15 October


GR picked up his suits from the tailor last week and tonight he and Sam put on their best suits to attend a memorial service for McKensie. They both look really sharp, and I was glad GR encouraged Sam to put on his suit for this occasion, and that Sam agreed to wear it.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday a little late, GR!

Your boys are so cute!! Sam looks awesome in his suit.

Katrina said...

Looks like bishop material to me! ;)

Matthew said...

Wow, my bloglines is amazingly behind. I didn't realize you had been posting. Glad the birthday went well!