Friday, August 22, 2008

WIP update

Monday was a busy but exciting day ... I had a dentist appointment downtown - which Alex was a dream for! He sat on my lap eating a grape sucker (no worries, it was a sugar free sucker from the office receptionist) watching the Olympics and the fish in the aquarium, while Gwen cleaned my teeth.

Then Alex, Anna and I popped into one of the downtown quilt shops - we had about 30 minutes to kill before meeting GR for lunch - he had a rare in town meeting for work, so we planned to met for a really good Mexican lunch. I wanted to see if they had any of Heather Bailey's new fabric line Pop Garden, or Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom fabrics in stock - and they did! I was so excited!



I haven't made Anna any of my signature blankets yet - she isn't going without or anything. Grandma made her an awesome pink quilt, and Aunt Mary Ann made her a fantastic yellow nuzzie, and of course I've been using the blankets all the other kids have used, but I don't have any girlie blankets. So, when I saw that the quilt shop
had Sandi's fabrics in flannel, I bought enough to make two blankets for her, and two for the shop. The top fabric is Heather Bailey (cotton - and I have no idea what I'm going to make it into), the second two are from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom line in flannel. I'm thinking of ordering this print to make a third blanket for Anna.

After a nice lunch with GR, the little kids and I went to check on my butternut and blue quilt. For the last year it's been in the care of the Quilting Group at the Methodist church, being hand quilted. They've been working on it one afternoon a week for 2 hours and are finishing the last column of blocks, then they have the top and bottom borders to do and it's done! They are doing a wonderful job and I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out.


7 comments:

Camie said...

What a treasure to have your butternut and blue quilt hand-quilted by the ladies! How did you get so lucky? I can't wait to see the final product!

Lori said...

You're making me salivate. I may have to make a run to the fabric store. Very cute fabrics.

My Many Coloured Days said...

I don't even sew, but you make me want to! So pretty!

Kristy said...

That fabric is adorable! Are you going to add some of it to your Etsy shop? ;-)

And your quilt is just amazing.

Ali P. said...

I miss KS and you!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh how I need to find a quilting fabric store here in MA. Those fabrics are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love those fabrics. It cracked me up to read your kid sat eating a sucker while you got your teeth cleaned. Reminded me of when my daughter was little and I fed her cheetoh's to keep her quiet in her stroller while I walked for exercise. LOL :)