Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Sunflower State

Last year we learned about a huge field of sunflowers about 15 minutes from our house and tried to get family pictures taken out there, but completely missed the flowers by at least a week or more! This year, we started watching the field a week or so ago, and yesterday when I drove out to check on their progress, they were breath taking!



This morning we met another family at the field and took family pictures. The sun was very bright making it difficult not to squint, but I thing we got some good shots, and the kids really enjoyed talking to all the different people who had come out to see the sunflowers - some locals, some professional photographers, some tourists. If you have never seen acers and acers of sunflowers before, this is definitely a scene to put on your "must see before we leave KS" list. As GR put it, it will make your wife gitty with excitement.



We finished up around noon and went to an ice cream and burger place for lunch. The kids all ate ice cream for lunch, while GR and I ate a burger (and whatever ice cream the kids couldn't finish - cause you know that's our job as parents right?).

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Gorgeous pictures! Oh, I wish we had known about that location before we moved.

Camie said...

BOO HOO!! I wish I could have seen that in KS! What an incredible site, and great family pic!

Jennifer said...

I sure miss that field Sharron Cluff was the one who told me about it. It is sooo beautiful

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous! I'm in Kansas City... is it anywhere near there?

Katrina said...

Beautiful! Where exactly is it?

Kristy said...

I loved seeing that when I was in Kansas! I went twice a day for several days when I lived there. Great pictures!