Can I just make a small side comment here about the cost of supplies. We spent about $20 on each kids supplies. And this doesn't include Sam's backpack and lunch box which alone cost $25 - Becca and Emily are still using the backpacks we purchased for them when they started Kindergarten and so far, no complaints. And it's not like their supply list was outrageous or had unneccessary items on it, but wow it all adds up fast! Add to that the school fees for each of them - $126/child - and we're forking out some serious cash.
With three of them now in school all day, we're making a valiant effort to make lunches everyday (one of GR's many tasks in the AM with the kids). They are none to happy about not being able to buy their lunches, and so far the explanations of health and cost ($2 x 3kids x 5 days = $$ Mom would rather spend on other things) while tolerated, haven't been fully embraced. So we're working on coming up with a few compromise that will make everyone happy.
Rebecca - 3rd Grade
Emily 2nd Grade - she has a different teacher than Rebecca did last year and while I'm a little disappointed - we really loved Mrs. L - I'm excited to see how Mrs. V works out for Emily. The same thing happened with 1st grade (Emily got a different teacher than Rebecca) and it worked out really well for her.
Sam - Kindergarten with Mrs. C.
Alex and Anna on their first day having the house all to themselves ... what are we going to do with ourselves?
3 comments:
Beautiful! What a time to treasure.
Adorable kiddos! I agree that the cost of all those school supplies adds up fast. I think that taking each kid school supply shopping sounds like a great way to get some one-on-one time.
The cost of getting into school is ever so depressing isn't it?
We tried buying school lunches once for a very short time and when I actually finally figured out the cost it was so alarming we stopped immediately.
Post a Comment