Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dropping In

The summer has started off with lots of activity - some expected and some unexpected, so it's going to take me a bit to get caught up and blog about all of our exciting adventures. So in the mean time, I thought some of you might like to check out this online auction on eBay.
Last Fall Heather contributed a few things to the first Craft for China charity auction and when she decided to join again this Spring, I decided to join her. Friday before heading out to spend the holiday weekend in St. Louis with my parents, I mailed off three mini quilts (made from donated fabric scraps and left over materials I had on hand) and one burp cloth bundle for the auction. I am particularly pleased with the free motion quilting I did on this quilt, and love the yo-yo embellishment's on this quilt (and people have actually started bidding on this one!!)

Hopefully my contributions will help bring the charity a few extra dollars. There are some amazing handmade things contributed by very talented artists. If you're looking to do a little early Christmas shopping, consider bidding on some of these items, and let your money do double duty!

2 comments:

Heather said...

lovely collage! I noticed that your purple quilt got some bids and I was excited for you!! As much as I enjoy crafting for myself, I LOVE the idea of using our talents to help others!

Are you interested in stitching for the DOW towel?

Kristy said...

Wow! Lots of nice things there. Beautiful quilts you made!