The nursery was beautiful. Not huge, like a couple of the other local nurseries, but their selection of plants and flowers was beautiful and they had some perennials I haven't seen else where that I'm excited about going back and purchasing once planting season gets a little closer.
They had a very nice little tea party setting for their open house, with little finger foods like salmon and cucumber sandwiches, along with a couple of fantastic tarts (there was an apple tart that was definitely Sam's favorite), cookies and chocolates.
Sam had a great time joining Grandma and me on this little adventure while Alex slept with Grandpa at their house. And it was nice to have a little one on one time with him to point out all the different varieties of begonias, or geraniums, or bleeding hearts and talk about the differences and similarities. We even got to see a little honey bee busy collecting pollen on the few flowers that were already in bloom and on display. So I'm really looking forward to taking the boys out next month to purchase a few new flowers to fill in some bare spots and hopefully find a new blueberry bush replacement for the one that didn't make it two summers ago.
* * * * *
After picking up the girls from school, Alex from Grandpa's, and while I made dinner, the kids played outside. Given that we live on a cul-de-sac, and the cities love of sand during the winter months, every Spring the kids enjoy the curbside sandbox created by the city and drastically helped by the rain washing all the sand down to our end of the street. Before bedtime, GR was reminded of our curbside sandbox, the hard way, when he took off Alex's shoe while Alex was climbing over his head ...
We vacuumed and shook as much of it off as we could, but it didn't help much, after about 10 minutes he finally headed for the shower ...
7 comments:
This makes me laugh. I feel like the gods are paying him back for some bad thing he did to me when we were little.
sounds like a fun day! i love, love, love the card we got from your family! too cute!
I do not jest when I tell you that they boy comes home from school everyday with a 1/2c of sand in his shoes.
However, I very much enjoy the sound the vacuum makes as it sucks it up!
funny how similar sam and gr's expressions are in these pictures.
Aren't you anxious to plant?? I don't think I can wait much longer.
Great picture of GR.
You'll have to send me the name of the nursery, or maybe I can tag along when you go again. I have a few bare spots too!
Remember the fine gravel & sand at the bottom of our driveway? Always was a favorite spot for your children. Glad you have the equivalent there.
Post a Comment