Friday, February 08, 2008

A Warm Hearts Weekend Giveaway

I'm still not totally finished post-posting from the past two weeks, but I didn't want to miss the chance to send a few loyal friends and family members some extra love next week. So in honor of Valentine's Day and my 4th blogiversary which was at some point in January, I'm having a little giveaway. Yippee!



To enter simply comment to this post before Monday, February 11 at 3pm CST. I'll randomly select someone from the comments listed after I get the kiddos from school, to get a Warm Hearts Valentine package - a heart stamped tea towel and crocheted dish/wash cloth - mailed out Monday night or Tuesday morning so it will hopefully arrive by Valentine's Day. If I don't have your current mailing address I'll email you for it.

Disclaimer & Story of the Dish/Wash Cloths:
I am not by any means a crocheter, this is an important piece of information to understand if you get one of these cloths in the mail. I can sort of do very, very simple stitches and that's about it and it's been years, and years since I've picked up a crochet hook, but over Christmas my sister Barb got me to pick one up so I could teach her, and I've been practicing a little bit ever since.

I found her a fantastic basic crochet book with good instructions and how to pictures, and hip projects (slippers, baskets, bags, etc.) I thought she would enjoy making, along with a few basic hooks and some cotton yarn to start practicing on. Once she got the hang of chain stitching, I thought a dish or wash cloth would be a good first project - you can practice any combination of stitches you want, it's small and not too overwhelming or over ambitious, and if it turns out to be a trapezoid or pentagon rather than a square, it doesn't really matter. I started one at her house hoping she or my mom would finish it, and then when I got home, I picked up some yarn of my own ... hot pick, red and white ... thinking they might make fun Valentine gifts for friends.

So there you go, the story of the dish/wash cloths. The tea towels are a fun simply project that started years ago and needed to be resurrected.

Good luck everyone! Let the posting begin.

12 comments:

Jennifer Lee said...

I LOVE the crocheted dish rags! They seem so simple and yet I've never taken the time to learn how to make one. So cute!

Heather said...

how cute! I love that you made the dishcloths.

I can only do a chain stitch myself and have never figured out how to correctly turn corners!

Camie said...

Happy v-day to you!! I don't know how you get projects done for this holiday--I never get my energy back after Christmas in time to pull off any v-day crafts!

Kristy said...

They are all adorable! You are one talented woman.

Michelle said...

DARLING!! you are so, so talented...pick me! pick me!

suz said...

are we allowed to enter if we're related to you?

My Many Coloured Days said...

Your talent and output always amaze me. And you have four kiddos...WOW! (Sigh, "My Hero!")

Vatti said...

Mutti wanted to blog a comment but has forgotten her password, so I am responding for her--but we will understand if the drawing does not include those of us who regularly benefit from your handiwork!

Mary Ann said...

Wow, those are great! I hope I win!

Topper said...

I agree with all of the above. You are Super! And oh so crafty!

Kelly said...

Way cute!

Jenn Baird said...

I am new to blogging and of course our friend Kristy has everyone's blogs on her blog so I have been slowly getting back in touch with everyone.

Seeing your projects made me remember that magnificent quilting class we did with your mother in law.

And also made me remember how you always had such a cute gift to give at baby showers. Something homemade with an adorable ribbon.

I will visit often to keep up on what you are up to...