Friday, January 11, 2008

Unexpected Dinner Guest

Sam came home from preschool today with the Adventure Bag. We LOVE having the adventure bag, especially when we get to have it over a weekend. This adventure bag had Eric Carle's TODAY IS MONDAY, a matching game, journal to record our experiences with the book/activities, and a few other enrichment activities that went along with the book. The other item that came with the bag, was a large blue and green stuffed snake, that didn't make it's appearance until we were seconds from sitting down to dinner.

"Mom, he has to eat with us!"



I'll spare you the details of the entire dinner conversation, but let's just say that Sam really wanted to feed the snake SOMETHING (nothing imaginary), and so we started talking about what snakes eat ... shrimp and noodles weren't on the list (which was good, cause we didn't have any left overs!). I first suggested an egg ... but then remembered the mouse/rat we got in a Wendy's kids meal ages ago, I think it might have been one of the Charlotte's Webb characters? Sam and I quickly found our prey ... perfect!

1 comment:

joe said...

shrimp and noodles looks great!